Active strategies for employability and inclusion of adult migrants, people with mental and physical health conditions, and prisoners
Social and economic inclusion of adults with special needs, excluded people, migrants and disadvantaged groups is a key priority for the EU and Member States. Lifelong learning and employability opportunities should be for all and no one should be left behind.
Working with adults with special needs towards improving their life skills and their employment profile requires a continuous update on methodologies and practices.
By exploring the holistic pedagogical approach of the Italian Cooperative “L’Ovile” and their “in the field” work, participants will get a first-hand experience of working with different target groups by using innovative methodologies, such as:
- “Pedagogy of everyday life” for working with people with mental health issues
- Art & Creativity for inclusion of people with physical disabilities and special learning needs
- Work-based learning for improving prisoners’ professional and social skills portfolio
- Educational paths for migrants and asylum seekers
- Social Agriculture and Fair Economy as a new learning paradigm for special needs
Participants will be immersed in 5 days of theory and practice. Frontal lectures will be combined with on-site visits and practical experimentation with groups of adults with special needs.
The course is open to all educationalists and staff who are interested in working with adults with special needs and who are looking for new inspirational models to be integrated in their organisations and in their daily practice.
- Understanding special needs and the EU framework for Diversity & Inclusion
- Using appropriate terminology and Glossary of Terms
- Learn how work-based learning schemes can be applied for prisoners’ professional and personal development
- Understanding the mechanisms of the “pedagogy of everyday life” to work with people with mental health conditions
- Apply art & creativity to work with people with physical (dis)abilities
- How to engage migrants and asylum seekers in learning programmes
- Understanding social agriculture & fair economy for managing adult education programmes with special needs groups
- Developing a personal plan for integrating new approaches into your organisation
- Sharing experiences and good practice with professional adult educators and social workers
COST OF THE COURSE
550€/participant (350€ course fee + 200€ organisational support) which includes: course tuition over 5 days, materials, pedagogical and cultural preparation, monitoring and evaluation during the course, validation of learning results and certification, follow up activities.
When and where
Reggio Emilia (Italy)
course on demand
N. training days
Europass Mobility Certificate
Certificate of attendance
PEDAGOGICAL TRAINING, MONITORING AND LEARNING RESULTS VALIDATION
The service includes:
– the pedagogical training of participants by sending basic material available before the course beginning.
– the monitoring during the training through a monitoring grid which will be shared before the course beginning
– the learning results validation through customized interviews at the end of the course
in collaboration with